Wednesday, September 01, 2010

I'm Debt Free!

Last week after payday, I sent some money to my American bank account and payed off my student loan.

When I came to Japan three years ago, I had a student loan and debt on three credit cards. I budgeted that I could pay if all off in one year if I 'tried really hard'. But 'trying really hard' turned out to be, well, hard, and I had the temptations of traveling and motorcycles telling me to spend.

But now, for the first time since high school, I owe no money. It was somewhat anti-climatic as I didn't receive a "CONGRATULATIONS" e-mail from the bank or a phone call from the president telling me to keep on saving. In fact, I'm a little apprehensive that I owe someone somewhere something...

4 comments:

Son of Higashi said...

おめでとう!

Dave said...

Good work, man. Japan will be remembered by all three of us as the place that paid for our colleges.

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!!!

You have learned how to live in your budget in Japan.
Keep up, and find a budget minded Japanese wife for the debt free future.

Cliff said...

Ha, thank you! But I don't like the 手当-culture of budget minded Japanese wives. Finding an open-minded, budget-minded RICH wife is best, I think. :-)