Sunday, April 06, 2008

Big Tuna!

When I was doing some shopping at Jusco, I saw a huge crowd over by the fish section. Naturally, I walk over to see what was going on. Because I'm tall (and in Japan), I could I easily could see what was drawing everyone's attention: a man had just wheeled out a whole tuna. These fish are big! He then proceeded to cut him up right there in front of everybody, starting by removing the head. At this point, kids started crying. But I, like the majority of everyone else there, was fascinated as he took his knife and cut up the belly, splitting the tuna in half. He then went to work cutting the meat into size-able, take-home portions. I wasn't planning on buying any raw tuna, but how often can you buy it as you watch the guy cut it up right in front of you? When I got home, it tasted heavenly.

I took this picture with my cell phone, so forgive the quality.




Also, in other oddities, check out the eyes on this cat from Zamami!


0 comments: