Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Transfer = No

Today I received my transfer request decision. I was told by my vice-principal that Tacchi wanted to see me. So I head over to the town hall and I'm ushered into the superintendent's office. Tacchi and the superintendent are standing there with their head's lowered and they say, "Cliff, I'm sorry..." I thought someone had died. Ends up I got the big NO to Fukuoka. No reason was given, only the No box was checked instead of the Yes one.

I have a kindergarten job setup for Apr. '09, so not all is lost. But I do need a job from Aug '08 until then. There is a company that gives 6-month contracts to teach at the university level. So I may do that from Aug-Dec in a place no where near Fukuoka.

Then from Jan-March, I may move to Fukuoka and work on an organic farm. The program is with wwoof, and I would receive only board and food. I'm gonna make exploitation of foreign workers look cool.

Anything could happen, though. I could get that call from the Coen Brothers, saying they saw my robot music video and want to work with me.

I had my first karate test on Saturday. Showed up with everything but my money and gi. Classy. But I was able to borrow money from Vaughn and Taira sensei loaned me his jacket. Too bad his skills didn't rub off. I'm almost positive I passed, since I'm only a white belt. It would be sad, if next Friday, Taira sense said, "Everyone, even this cute little 6 year old, passed...except Cliff. Sorry."

Next week is my Kanji test with the 3rd graders! I'm not quite ready, but I think I will be by next week.

0 comments: