Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Bike

Haven't really updated in awhile because, nothing much has been going on. Actually, that's a lie.

There have been lots of school events such as graduations and teacher good-bye parties. Also, tomorrow is the Ogimi Quartet's (name pending) first gig. The group consists of me on piano, a guy on soprano sax, another on guitar, and an older man playing some Chinese-stringed-thing (no, that's not the instrument's name).

But that is not the purpose of this blog post.

This morning, I attended an orientation for...motorcycle lessons.

Any kind of driving school is ridiculously expensive here in Japan. To drive a car, I've been told, costs around $2000-$3000 for the school.

For bike school, it's $900. Since I know nothing at all on how to ride a bike, and given the dangers involved, I want to know everything I can. I think it'll be well worth it.

I have my first two lessons (hours) this Sunday afternoon. The total course is around 18 hours, I believe. Can't wait.

1 comments:

Son of Higashi said...

18 if you're perfect. Awesome that you're doing it though! I was riding today, doing well in the turns and enjoying the 30k trip from Takae to Arume.