Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Crazy Kids

One thing that I find amazing is how early a kid is able to develop a personality. When I started the job, I thought all kids would be the same, but even at the kindergarten level, each child is different.

And so it is with Yushi, my 3rd grader at Tsuha Elementary. He's the cool kid. He's the biggest, the loudest, and the most energetic. But that doesn't stop him from being a complete idiot.

He just happens to be a little too big, a little too loud, and a little too energetic. Overall, he really is nice and doesn't have "Future Gas Attendant" written all over him like a lot of my students do. But he's just kinda dumb.

Today, in between periods, the 3rd and 4th graders were playing Tag in a space that consisted of my classroom and outside. From what I can gather, Yushi was inside, saw one of the kids running by outside through a window, and...decided to jump through it.

Or something like that, I'm not to sure. I think he forgot there was a glass pane in the window and wanted to extend his head out of the building.

This was taken with my phone, so the scale is a little hard to judge. You are looking at about a 4 foot tall pane of glass. He almost single-handedly blew out the window, which is why I think he wanted to jump through it as oppose to "extend his head", as he put it when he explained what happened. There are even strands of his hair still stuck in the glass.



Needless to say, he busted his head open, but being a kid, he just brushed it off.

I just can't look at him the same anymore. Every time he comes into my class now, I'm just going to shake my head and mutter "moron" under my breath.

0 comments: