Saturday, August 30, 2008

The City

Last Sunday, I returned home to Okinawa. I spent the past 3 weeks of my summer vacation in Fukuoka. During this time, I have done nothing interesting. I spent the majority of my days at a local cafe while Yuka was at work. But I guess being on vacation doesn't always have to be interesting as long as one is relaxing.

I saw The Dark Knight, Ponyo on the Cliff (the new Miyazaki movie), and Hana Yori Dango. The latter, let's just say, I had to go to...

I pulled an Olympian-feat in movie downloads. Yuka has fiber optic internet, and I downloaded a little over 100 movies. Since I have cancelled my internet in Okinawa, this should keep me entertained for awhile.

School starts on Monday, officially beginning my second year as a JET. Right now, I am still taking Japanese and Chinese lessons and I am still doing karate. I've started playing basketball with a group of people in Nago. I've dropped calligraphy because the teacher and students stopped showing up. Either class was cancelled and they didn't tell me, or they changed locations and didn't tell me.  Also, I'm also in charge of running the book club for the Okinawan JETs this year. 

I intend for this to be my last year in Okianwa. I think I'm doing enough now that will see this year go by as fast as my first year did.

0 comments: