Thursday, May 20, 2010

Random Foods

When I visited America last Christmas, one of the first things out of my mom's mout was, "Are you eating over there?"

The answer is, of course, yes. A lot, actually. During the week I am short on time and will either eat out or cook something easy. During the weekend, however, I may find a recipe on the internet to try cooking myself or I may have something cooked for me.

A few weekends ago, I was treated to some squid ink pasta. The ink came from Iejima, where it is apparently known for its quality.


Okinawa is famous for its squid ink soup, but you can mix squid ink in anything from pasta to rice. Like an Oreo, it'll turn your mouth black. Also, you'll notice something else has turned black a day or so later after a trip to the bathroom...

This past weekend, I had some fish made for me. The fish is called buri, and you can buy a couple of chopped up heads at the grocery store for about $3.00. Just throw everything in a pot, add your own stock, boil it down, throw in the vegetables, and voila! I was told the eye is the best part.

I tried arranging my plate to make it look appetizing. How'd I do?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

クリフさん、

うぁ~、おいしそう!!!
あなたは 料理がじょうずですね。
私の旦那(だんな)さんになってください。
そして毎日、私のために料理をつくってください。

Son of Higashi said...

無名さん、

I don't mean to ruin your dream, but I think you misread this part:

"This past weekend, I had some fish made for me."
先週末、私のために魚料理を作られた。

But, Happy Criff is still a pretty good cook otherwise.

Dave said...

JPM, Is that you? I thought you loved me? :( I'm so sad now.