Friday, April 02, 2010

Motorcycle

I have a new mode of transportation: a Kawasaki ZRX 400.

It is mandatory to go to bike school before getting your bike license in Japan. The school cost me a lot of money and took about two months to complete. I got my license last June. Fast forward 9 months later and I finally bought a bike.


I was worried I might have forgotten how to ride, but as I pulled off into heavy traffic and rode the two hours back to Ogimi, I felt completely in control and realized the money I had spent on classes had been worth it. Not only did I remember how to ride, but I felt safe doing so.

While enjoying my new toy, I sometimes think just how sucky it would be to lose control, roll along the road at 80 kph, then get run over by a car.

But I try not to think about that too much.

1 comments:

Son of Higashi said...

I'm sure your loved ones enjoyed reading those last few sentences. If anything, it might be over quickly.

Let's ride soon.