Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dinosaurs in the Classroom

My final lesson for the 5th/6th grade class at Ogimi Elementary was to have the kids give self-introductions as dinosaurs. They took turns standing in front of the class and gave the following example presentation:

  • My name is Pachycephalosaurus.
  • I have two arms and two legs.
  • I live in America.
  • I eat plants.
  • I am 5 meters tall.
  • I weigh 2 tons.

The week before, we had class in the computer lab and the kids did internet searches for their favorite dinosaur. Things I learned:
  • A dinosaur called Dracorex hogwartsia was discovered a couple of years ago and named after the Harry Potter books.
  • I have been saying Ankylosaurus incorrectly ever since I was a kid.
  • Girls have zero interest in dinosaurs.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Cliffosaurus! ROOAARRRRRR!!

Unknown said...

I agree that girls have NO interest in dinosaurs. They just don't know what they're missing.