Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 4th Weekend

I could not have asked for a better 4th of July weekend. The Northern Code played a show at Tejas that Saturday night, and almost all of the English teacher's in the north came, as did quite a few other friends that I had invited. Cesar has a nice house up on a hill that he has turned into a mexican restaurant with a small open area the back. Because we were playing outside, I was worried about rain, but by mid-afternoon, all the clouds seemed to pass by. We set up, begin to warm up...and then the cops showed up.

I don't remember exactly, but I believe the policemen motto is 'to serve and protect and stop people from having a good time'.

This officer was a little old man, and he did exactly that. He told us to unplug or no play. So we did the show with no mic and little amp.

But music is music and I had a great time playing.

We played for two hours, and after we were all packed up, the band plus Vaughn headed down to Onna to stay the night at a brand new resort. I'm good friend's with a family here in Ogimi, and it was through the dad's civil engineering company that we were able to stay a night for free. I think I need to do a blog post about company gift giving in Japan sometime down the road, cause it's cool.

The resort, of course, over looked the beach. We had a 4 bed room suite and after putting everything away, we went down stairs and spent the rest of the evening at a bar outside.

Balcony picture!


1 comments:

Roy said...

バブリー。