Monday, February 09, 2009

Re-contracting and Running

After returning from Tokyo at the beginning of January, I was unsure about whether I wanted to stay another year in Okinawa or move to Tokyo. Once school got going again and things started to calm down, I found the decision easy. Of course I'll do another year in Okinawa.

This has me teaching up through July 2010. I first came to Okinawa reluctantly and planned to only stay a year. Now it seems I can't leave. I'm going to work on making Ogimi a home this year, instead of a temporary stopping ground. That means the Wonder Wagon will be replaced in a few months *sniff* along with getting "stuff" for my apartment.

Also, I've spent the past month trying to figure out what I want to achieve in Japan. I'm not too motivated so the list is short:

-pass Level 1 JLPT
-run a half-marathon (maybe a full)

***

On Sunday, I ran in the Nago Half-Marathon race. I only did 10K and I'm planning to go for a half in April. It was my first race since running a little one when I was about 6. I wanted to run it under an hour, but I ended up running it in 62.07 minutes. If I don't cramp up next time, I know I can do it a lot faster.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Three cheers for people lacking motivation!

Hey, congrats on the 10k. What half are you considering? Ie? Nancy asked me about that, so I guess I could say I am considering it.

If I haven't already referred you to this, go check it out for really good training plans: halhigdon.com

japalinka said...

Yes! to staying a 3rd and making Ogimi home. :) Will be sad to think that the wagon won't be going up and down 58 again.. :) Goodluck with the running! There's a nice 10K around Shioya bay in April. i never ran it of course, but a lot of the kids run the shorter distances so i've gone to watch every year. :)