Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Class Canceled

September and October are busy months for elementary schools and lazy months for English teachers. Between kids practicing for Sport's Days and all the 3-weekend holidays, I find a lot of my classes canceled. Some of these cancellations are on my schedule, so I come to school knowing I won't be doing anything. But then there are times, like today, where I am told there is no class for the day as I'm walking to the room to set up.

I don't mind sudden cancellations. In fact, I like them. Who wouldn't want to be told, "Oh, you don't have to work today." But then you have teachers coming up to me saying things like, "Aw, that's too bad." and I nod my head in agreement and appear upset.

***

Got my voting ballot last week! I was briefly surprised this year as I was the first time I voted at how many candidates are actually listed for president. You expect to see only 2 choices, but there were at least 10. I felt a little bad about not knowing anything about them, but I didn't mind too much, as there is someone I actually want to vote for this time. Last election, I actually walked into the voting booth undecided. I think I ended up drawing a picture on the ballot of who I wanted to be president.

0 comments: