Last Saturday, I was on my way downtown to meet some people for dinner. I wanted to make a right turn at a traffic light, but the turn lane was easily backed up 10-15 cars. I could see fireworks going off in the distance and a musical horn blaring randomly. As the minutes went by, and I slowly inched closer, I could see a huge group of what looked like college students just hanging around...in the street and the neighboring convenience store parking lot. I also saw one guy on a unicycle.
I made up my mind that if they were in my way at my turn signal, I would drive at high speed while yelling out English obscenities. Lucky for them, and unfortunate for my anger outlet, the police showed up and they ran away. I told Yuka about this later, and she said they were probably a gang and it's good I didn't draw their attention to me. To me, a gang is something to fear. I just watched Ghosts of Cite Soleil, about two gang leaders in Haiti. THEY were scary. Not these clowns goofing off and holding up traffic.
In Which the Showa Does not Go On
5 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment